While we’re relieved that Hurricane Florence has finally passed, we are eager to help our neighbors who have been affected by the storm. Below is a list of ways to contribute with several local opportunities to help.
Donate Supplies or Contributions
- Our office is collecting non-perishable items to take to the Food Bank of NC.
- The Johnston County Association of Realtors is accepting donations at 918 NC Hwy 42 W, Clayton, NC, 27520.
- Donations can be made to the North Carolina Disaster Relief Fund.
- The Carolina Hurricanes will be accepting donations at the box office at the PNC Arena. Hurricanes players will assist with the collection of donated items from 5:45 to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday and from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. on Friday. Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon will also assist with the collection efforts on Wednesday.
- Raleigh Community Animal Hospital is accepting pet-related donations.
- Duke University’s Football Team is collecting donations.
- American Red Cross and The Salvation Army are accepting donations.
Donate Your Time
- World Central Kitchen has kitchens set up in both Raleigh and Wilmington to help provide hot meals to residents affected by the storm.
Dine Out or Donate for a Class
- Keep an eye out for special dinners where your monetary donation will help relief efforts! Several have already been hosted and many more are being announced. (JNK PR has lots of good info!)
- Chef Scott Crawford is hosting a Come Together For The Coast Event on October 7th featuring several local chefs and restaurants. Find tickets and more information here.
- Restaurants like Soca, Buku, and Buku Wake Forest are donating a portion of proceeds to the Food Bank of NC.
- YoBa Studio is offering yoga and barre donation-based classes on Saturday and Sunday with proceeds going to the North Carolina Disaster Relief Fund.
- Yoga Inspired in Raleigh is hosting a donation-based class on Saturday.
- Dram & Draught is hosting a Hurricane Relief Fundraiser with signature cocktails this Sunday.
- Fit4Life in Dunn is hosting a Zumbathon Friday evening for Hurricane Relief.